For three years a modern and easy-to-use plug-in for a well-known AutoCAD has been in development. The team’s mission was to create a software that would allow more efficient solar power plants being designed.
To speed up the process, the customer’s representatives contacted us regarding cooperation. Excited for a new challenge, we took on some of the work to improve and expand the existing functionality of the plug-in.
- Among the priority goals was the creation of a correctly working installer based on an open source installer;
- To create BricsCAD version of the plug-in;
- To organize the system’s functional and fix any issues found during the testing phase;
- To identify and fix major errors in the project.
Picking a suitable template, the designer is only required to enter the necessary dimensions following by the logo of the brand, advertising slogan, wallpaper or any other desired artistic element.
- Finished and expanded previously existed export feature in SolarSpeed (added json format);
- Installer project has been transferred from a paid MSIFactory to a free InnoSetup, added an installer version utilizing WIX Tools;
- Created stable installers for BricsCAD. Functionality is 80% mirrored from AutoCAD;
- Fixed major errors.
Programming language: C#. We used .Net Framework 4.6 for the smooth operation of the plug-in. For AutoCAD API we choose ObjectARX. WIX Tools and Inno Setup have been used for a new set of installers.
How does it work
Customer Representative Comments
Volya is a very experienced and professional developer agency. They even have seperate Q&A before releasing the code to customer. I can only recommend them.